Winter brings with it cooler temperatures and occasionally snowy and icy roads, especially here in Lancaster. That means it is crucial to prepare your car for this season to ensure it survives until spring. Make sure to follow the steps below when winterizing your vehicle—and don’t forget that the service department at Lancaster Toyota is happy to help!
- Test your battery. Make sure your battery is strong enough to survive the winter. If it is nearing the end of its life, replace it before the temperatures drop.
- Check your lights. Make sure all lights—headlights, tail lights, brake lights, and interior lights, to name a few—are in top working order. Replace any burnt out bulbs.
- Test your brakes. Have our trusted service technicians check your brakes to make sure they will give you the stopping power you need on wintry roads.
- Don’t forget the tires. Check the tread depth of your tires to make sure you’ll have sufficient traction to stay safe this season. Replace them if necessary, and consider using winter tires. Check your tire pressure regularly throughout the winter.
- Take care of the windshield. Replace your windshield wiper blades if they are leaving streaks, and fill your washer fluid reservoir with an antifreeze solution to protect the functionality of your wipers when temperatures turn chilly.
Have vehicle winterization questions? Contact Lancaster Toyota today.