No matter how low gas prices get, we would all love to save just a little bit more, right? Thankfully, there are tons of ways to increase your gas mileage. This will not only save you cash at the pump but also lower your impact on the environment.
Here are some better gas mileage tips to get you started:
- The easiest way to increase your gas mileage is to drive more slowly. How much sooner are you going to reach your destination if you go five more miles per hour anyway?
- Similarly, accelerate slowly after hitting a full stop. If you are gunning it as soon as the light turns green, you are wasting gasoline.
- Make sure that your vehicle is working properly. There are many malfunctions in your vehicle that could increase in lowered efficiency, so keep your model in good shape.
- For example, lower tire pressure will ultimately result in wasted gasoline. Keep your tires inflated to the amount indicated in your owner’s manual.
- Lastly, if you are really trying to cut down on gasoline – share a ride with a family member, friend, or neighbor!
Want to learn more about gas mileage or check out one of our many fuel-efficient vehicles? Contact us or visit us anytime at Lancaster Toyota, where we will be happy to take you out on a test drive.